Water & Sewer Department

The State Low Income Household Water Assistance Program (LIHWAP) can help you pay arrears for your water and sewer bills. The program may also be able to help address tax liens due to water and sewer arrears. To get more information and apply, go to waterassistance.nj.gov or call NJ211.

El Programa estatal de Asistencia con el Agua para Hogares de Bajos Ingresos (LIHWAP) puede ayudarle a pagar sus facturas atrasadas de agua y alcantarillado. El Programa también puede brindar ayuda para los gravámenes tributarios por cuentas pendientes del agua y alcantarillado. Para más información y solicitar asistencia, vaya a waterassistance.nj.gov o marque el NJ211.

Pay My Water/Sewer

The Town of Harrison has implemented a Utility Winter Termination Program to prevent the discontinuation of water and sewer service during the period of November 15th through March 15th for residential customers.  In the event of a water/sewer delinquency during this period, the Town will not shut off utility services. However, any delinquency during this period will continue to accrue interest, and if not paid by November 2023, will be subject to Tax Sale.

Winter Termination Program Flyer
Winter Termination Program Self-Certification

The Water and Sewer Department maintains and constructs or contracts all water and sewer facilities within the town. Responsibilities include operation and maintenance of the town's water lines, pumps, hydrants, etc. Also, pressure washing sewer lines to allow proper flow and vacuuming sewer lift stations to remove grease and debris.

The Water and Sewer Department works with builders in the addition of new construction, maintains meters and provides meter readings for billing on a six-month basis.


The Water and Sewer Department is required to be certified in all areas mandated by Town, State and Federal regulatory agencies, which pertain to water and sewer functions. It is the Water and Sewer Department.'s responsibility to ascertain that the town remains in compliance with all government agency requirements.


As Water and Sewer Department clerk, it is my responsibility to make sure that the department is running efficiently. Any questions or concerns contact me at 973-268-2431.