We are happy to offer museum passes to our patrons to the following museums:
American Museum of Natural History
Address: Central Park West at 79th Street, New York, N.Y.
Tel: (212) 769-5100
American Museum of Natural History Website
Each voucher admits 1 person, Harrison Library cardholders (adults only) are allowed 2 vouchers per year.
Children's Museum of Manhattan
Address: The Tisch Building, 212 West 83rd Street, NY, NY 10024
Tel: (212) 721-1223
Children's Museum of Manhattan Website
2 passes available, each admitting 4 people (1 adult + 3 children OR 2 adults + 2 children)
Please note that passes cannot be used by the same group.
Address: 49 Washington St., Newark, NJ 07102
Tel: (973) 596-6550
Newark Museum Website
2 passes available, each admitting 2 adults and all children through age 17.
Yogi Berra Museum
Address: 18 Yogi Berra Dr., Little Falls, NJ 07424
Tel: (973) 655-2378
Yogi Berra Museum Website
Pass admits 2 adults & 2 children under the age of 18.
Montclair Art Museum
Address: 3 S Mountain Ave. Montclair, NJ 07042
Tel: (973) 746-5555
Montclair Art Museum Website
2 passes available, each admitting 2 adults and all children in household.
- Must be a Harrison resident 18 years of age or older.
- Must present a valid Photo ID and Harrison Library card in good standing (no fines).
- It is recommended that passes be requested the day before your museum visit.
- Passes cannot be picked up earlier than date requested.
- Passes are reserved on a first come first serve basis.
- Passes are loaned from the day before the scheduled museum visit until the first day the Library is open after the visit.
- Passes cannot be renewed.
- Patrons can only reserve one pass at a time.
- There will be a forty dollars ($40) cash deposit required when picking up the passes. If the pass is returned ON TIME then the forty dollars ($40) will be refunded. If the pass is not returned ON TIME then the forty dollars ($40) cash deposit will NOT be refunded.
- Lost or damaged passes will be billed to the patron at the replacement rate determined by the museum.
- Passes must be returned to the Library, they cannot be left in the book drop.
- Failure to pick up passes at the reserved date and time will result in a canceled reservation and the passes will be given to the next person.
- Patrons are responsible to verify museum hours, days of operation, directions, parking availability, and cost or charges for special exhibits.
- Some museums reserve the right to ask for your library card. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Public access computer and Wi-Fi are available at the library.
Printing is available at $.15 black and white and $.20 Color per page.
Some of Internet workstations in the Harrison Public Library are equipped with filtering software.
Unfiltered access to the Internet is also available at Harrison Public Library.
Filtering software is provided for those who wish to use it. This software diminishes the likelihood that searchers will inadvertently retrieve text or images that they may find offensive; but filters are not foolproof, and they often block access to sites that users would consider both inoffensive and useful.
We suggest that you use (or direct your children to use) workstations equipped with filtering software if your first concern is that you (or they) should not be exposed to offensive text or images. We remind you, however, that the software may impede access to the information you (or they) are seeking.
If you do not find what you need, please do not hesitate to ask a librarian for help.